Dear Students and Families,
Welcome back to school! We miss you and cannot wait to see you whether it is virtually or in person!
The Lois and Richard Nicotra Early College Charter High School is dedicated to the proposition that we must foster unity, celebrate diversity, and work toward the goal of social justice. Whatever pathway we choose, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, Business and Entrepreneurship, or a career in Teaching, we can act as social entrepreneurs to improve American society.
At Nicotra, we want you to graduate ready to pursue your lifelong dreams while enjoying a rich and rewarding experience. We also want you to become active and informed citizens of the world ready to improve your community. This will take hard work, dedication, perseverance, and most of all, patience. I am confident that, together, we can change the world! Good luck for an academically successful and enjoyable school year!
Please see the below important information for those partaking in our hybrid model.
Joseph F. Zaza
Important Information For the First Day of School
As a charter school, Nicotra Charter believes strongly in the power of school choice. We are so grateful you have chosen us and entrusted us with your child’s education, and we are fully committed to delivering a rigorous curriculum while maintaining the safest school settings possible.
As mentioned in our family Zoom town halls and in our reopening plan, we’d like to reiterate some of the measures we are taking to preserve our student’s health and wellness.
For students who are enrolled in our hybrid model, for the first day and each day forward, all Nicotra students arriving to school via parent drop off are to be let out at the Corporate Commons 1 main entrance. From there, they will be directed by our security staff to either enter via the front entrance, or side entrance to ensure proper social distancing based on the volume of students arriving at the same time.
Our additional efforts include:
- Individual student temperature checks will take place upon arrival.
- Each student and staff member will complete a Health Screening Questionnaire prior to entering the building.
- Each classroom will have its own sanitizing station.
- Each classroom will have its own HEPA filter air purifier in addition to a recently upgraded HVAC system.
- Social distancing markers will be placed throughout the building.
- Each classroom will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily, with a deep cleaning happening each Wednesday when no students are present.
- No student or staff member will be allowed in the building without a mask. We can provide one to any student in need.
- If a child refuses to wear a mask after being counseled and addressed, a parent/guardian will be called and they must be picked up in a timely manner.
Please email me should you have any questions or concerns.
We are wishing you a healthy and successful 2020-2021 school year and stand beside you as we navigate these uncharted waters together.